Affordable Career Counselling Course in Singapore
The Certificate in Career Counselling program in Singapore is designed to equip individuals with the introductory knowledge and skills for aspiring career counsellors. This comprehensive course provides participants with a solid foundation in career development theories, counselling techniques, and practical tools required to guide individuals through their career journey.
Whether you are a professional looking to transition into the field of career counselling or someone passionate about helping others find meaningful career paths, this program offers valuable insights and expertise.
Invest in your own growth while making a positive impact on others’ lives. Join the Certificate in Career Counselling program in Singapore and take a step toward becoming a proficient and compassionate career counsellor.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the core principles of career counselling and its impact on individuals’ lives.
- Apply various career development theories and models to assess clients’ needs.
- Utilize assessment tools to identify clients’ strengths, interests, values, and skills.
- Develop effective communication and counselling techniques to guide clients through their career decisions.
- Provide guidance on setting and achieving realistic career goals.
- Navigate ethical considerations and maintain client confidentiality within the counselling process.
- Assist clients in managing career transitions, challenges, and setbacks.
- Foster resilience and adaptability in clients facing changing career landscapes.
Topic 1: Introduction to Career Counselling
- Understanding the role of a career counsellor
- Historical context and evolution of career counselling
- Key principles and ethical considerations in career counselling
- Overview of career development theories and models
Topic 2: Career Development Theories
- Exploration of major career development theories
- Applying theories to different client scenarios
- Recognizing the impact of individual differences on career choices
- Integrating theories into career counselling practice
Topic 3: Assessments and Tools in Career Counselling
- Introduction to career assessment tools
- Administering and interpreting career assessments
- Identifying strengths, interests, skills, and values of clients
- Personalizing career plans based on assessment results
Topic 4: Ethical and Cultural Considerations in Career Counselling
- Ethical guidelines and professional standards in career counselling
- Addressing cultural diversity in career counselling interactions
- Respecting client confidentiality and privacy
- Managing ethical dilemmas and conflicts
Topic 5: Career Counselling Techniques and Strategies
- Effective communication and active listening skills
- Establishing rapport and trust with clients
- Goal-setting and action planning in career counselling
- Providing guidance on decision-making and problem-solving
Topic 6: Exploring Vocational Options and Education Pathways
- Researching and presenting vocational options
- Guiding clients through educational and training pathways
- Navigating the changing landscape of industries and careers
- Supporting clients in aligning their aspirations with reality
Topic 7: Job Search and Interview Preparation
- Crafting effective resumes and cover letters
- Developing job search strategies and networking skills
- Interview coaching and mock interview practice
- Negotiating job offers and evaluating employment opportunities
Topic 8: Supporting Career Transitions and Changes
- Understanding mid-career switches and career transitions
- Overcoming challenges in career changes
- Developing resilience and adaptability in times of change
- Providing ongoing support during career shifts
Topic 9: Digital Resources and Technology in Career Counselling
- Utilizing online resources and career exploration tools
- Leveraging social media and online platforms for job search
- Integrating technology into career counselling practice
- Addressing the digital divide and accessibility concerns
Topic 10: Professional Development and Networking in Career Counselling
- Building a professional network in the career counselling field
- Continuing education and staying updated with industry trends
- Enhancing personal and professional growth as a career counsellor
- Exploring further career opportunities and specialization areas
- Group discussions and presentations exploring real-life applications
- International Association of Therapist UK
- Complimentary Medical Association UK
No admission criteria.
Course duration and intake
Intake is rolling on a monthly basis. Course duration is 12 hours long over 4 weekday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.
How will the course be conducted?
The course will be conducted face-to-face at our premises at Havelock 2 (2 Havelock Rd, #05-19, Havelock 2 Office Tower, Singapore 059763) or via online using googlemeet.
Cost and payment plans
Course fee: $1038
Registration fee (non-refundable): $150
Material fee: $50
Installment is available over 3 monthly payments at 0% interest but there is a 3% processing fee charged by the financial intermediaries (i.e. stripe or bank).
Please reach out to us at +65 86284685 or email@example.com to request for installment payment.