Affordable Mental Health First-Aid Course in Singapore
Welcome to the Mental Health First Aid Training course!
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to recognize and respond effectively to individuals experiencing mental health challenges.
By combining theoretical understanding, practical techniques, and real-life scenarios, participants will learn how to provide initial support, reduce stigma, and connect individuals to appropriate resources for professional help.
This course aims to equip participants with the skills and confidence needed to provide timely and empathetic support to individuals facing mental health challenges.
Through a blend of theory, practice, and self-awareness, participants will contribute to creating a more compassionate and understanding society that prioritizes mental health and well-being.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Gain a foundational understanding of mental health, mental illnesses, and related stigma.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of common mental health disorders and crises.
- Develop effective communication and active listening skills when approaching someone in distress.
- Learn how to provide initial help, support, and guidance to individuals facing mental health challenges.
- Understand the importance of self-care for both the helper and the individual in need.
- Acquire knowledge about available mental health resources and how to access professional help.
- Promote empathy and understanding in mental health conversations and interactions.
- Contribute to creating a more compassionate and mentally healthy community.
Module 1: Introduction to Mental Health First Aid
- Definition and importance of mental health first aid
- Reducing stigma and fostering open conversations about mental health
- Ethical considerations and boundaries in providing support
Module 2: Understanding Mental Health and Mental Illnesses
- Overview of mental health and mental illnesses
- Common myths and misconceptions about mental health
- Factors contributing to mental health challenges
Module 3: Recognizing Signs and Symptoms
- Identifying signs of anxiety and panic disorders
- Recognizing symptoms of depression and mood disorders
- Noticing warning signs of suicide and self-harm
Module 4: Effective Communication and Active Listening
- Importance of nonjudgmental and empathetic communication
- Active listening techniques and building rapport
- Asking open-ended questions to promote dialogue
Module 5: Providing Initial Help and Support
- Approaching someone in distress with sensitivity
- Strategies to offer immediate assistance and reassurance
- Promoting self-help strategies and coping mechanisms
Module 6: Crisis Intervention and De-escalation
- Responding to acute crises and emotional distress
- Identifying potential risk factors for harm to self or others
- When and how to involve professionals or emergency services
Module 7: Mental Health Resources and Professional Help
- Overview of available mental health resources
- Navigating the process of seeking professional help
- Understanding different treatment options and interventions
Module 8: Self-Care and Resilience
- Recognizing the importance of self-care for both helpers and individuals in distress
- Strategies for maintaining personal well-being and managing stress
- Boundaries and knowing when to seek support for oneself
- Participation in group discussions and role-playing scenarios
- Practical exercises demonstrating active listening and communication skills
- International Association of Therapist UK
- Complimentary Medical Association UK
No admission criteria.
Course duration and intake
Intake is rolling on a monthly basis. Course duration is 12 hours long over 4 weekday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.
How will the course be conducted?
The course will be conducted face-to-face at our premises at Havelock 2 (2 Havelock Rd, #05-19, Havelock 2 Office Tower, Singapore 059763) or via online using googlemeet.
Cost and payment plans
Course fee: $1038
Registration fee (non-refundable): $150
Material fee: $50
Installment is available over 3 monthly payments at 0% interest but there is a 3% processing fee charged by the financial intermediaries (i.e. stripe or bank).
Please reach out to us at +65 86284685 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request for installment payment.