Affordable Children Disorders Course in Singapore
Welcome to the Introduction to Children Disorders course!
This introductory exploration will delve into the various psychological, behavioral, and developmental challenges that children and adolescents may experience. Through a combination of theoretical frameworks, case studies, diagnostic criteria, and treatment approaches, learners will gain a thorough understanding of the complexities surrounding child disorders and the ways in which professionals address them.
This course aims to provide learners with a comprehensive foundation in understanding and addressing child disorders, empowering them to contribute positively to the well-being of children and adolescents facing various challenges.
Through academic exploration, practical exercises, and real-world insights, learners will develop the skills needed to recognize, support, and advocate for children and families in need of assistance.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Gain an overview of different categories of child disorders, including neurodevelopmental, disruptive, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
- Understand the diagnostic criteria and assessment methods used in identifying child disorders.
- Explore the interplay of genetic, environmental, and neurobiological factors in the development of child disorders.
- Analyze the impact of child disorders on various aspects of a child’s life, including academic, social, and family functioning.
- Familiarize themselves with evidence-based interventions and treatment approaches for child disorders.
- Develop critical thinking skills to differentiate between typical development and atypical behaviors.
- Cultivate empathy and sensitivity when working with children and families affected by disorders.
- Recognize the importance of collaboration among professionals in the field of child psychology and mental health.
Topic 1: Introduction to Child Disorders
- Defining child disorders: terminology and scope
- Historical perspectives on understanding child disorders
- Multidisciplinary approach to studying child disorders
Topic 2: Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual disabilities and communication disorders
Topic 3: Disruptive Disorders
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Conduct disorder (CD)
- Impulse control disorders
Topic 4: Emotional Disorders
- Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents
- Depression and mood disorders
- Self-harm and suicidal behaviors
Topic 5: Behavioral Disorders
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Behavioral interventions and management strategies
- Encouraging positive behavior change
Topic 6: Feeding and Eating Disorders
- Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID)
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa in adolescents
- Pica and other eating-related issues
Topic 7: Neurological and Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Tourette syndrome and tic disorders
- Childhood-onset neurodegenerative disorders
- Impact on cognitive, motor, and social development
Topic 8: Treatment Approaches
- Psychotherapy for child disorders
- Medication interventions and considerations
- Collaborative care models involving families and schools
Topic 9: Family and Cultural Considerations
- The role of family dynamics in child disorders
- Cultural variations in understanding and addressing disorders
- Stigma and societal attitudes toward child disorders
- Group discussions and presentations exploring real-life applications
- International Association of Therapist UK
- Complimentary Medical Association UK
No admission criteria.
Course duration and intake
Intake is rolling on a monthly basis. Course duration is 12 hours long over 4 weekday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.
How will the course be conducted?
The course will be conducted face-to-face at our premises at Havelock 2 (2 Havelock Rd, #05-19, Havelock 2 Office Tower, Singapore 059763) or via online using googlemeet.
Cost and payment plans
Course fee: $1038
Registration fee (non-refundable): $150
Material fee: $50
Installment is available over 3 monthly payments at 0% interest but there is a 3% processing fee charged by the financial intermediaries (i.e. stripe or bank).
Please reach out to us at +65 86284685 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request for installment payment.