Friendly term of use for Rogerian Psychology Centre services
- Your Privacy and Confidentiality
The laws and ethical standards require Rogerian Psychology Centre to keep a copy of the client record. A client file will be created for you during your journey with us. This file is private and confidential, and is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act (Singapore). We will take all reasonable measures to protect your privacy. You have the right to request to view a copy of your records as long as it does not cause you or anyone else harm to do so, or for other reasons outlined by applicable laws. Because the records are written by professionals, they can be misinterpreted by untrained readers. If you do want to see your records, you may request to review them with your clinician so that he / she may discuss and explain the contents with you. We will keep the files for two (2) years after you have ended your journey with us, after which the records will be destroyed.
Our staff may look at your intake form to help determine your level of need and has access only to your name, phone number, and email address for the purposes of booking appointments. This person does not read your case file. Only your clinician is allowed access to your case notes.
No Video recording will be conducted for online counselling.
All information shared by you during the therapy session is confidential and will not be revealed to any other person or agency without your written permission with the following exceptions:
- Duty to warn
If you intend to take harmful, dangerous, or criminal action against another human being, or against yourself, it is the clinician’s duty to warn immediately the appropriate individuals or agencies of such intentions. In addition, any actual or suspected acts of child, elder, or vulnerable person abuse (including physical abuse, sexual abuse, unlawful sexual intercourse, neglect, emotional and psychological abuse) will be reported to the appropriate agencies (e.g. police) by the clinician.
- Court Subpoenas
When lawyers believe that a client’s clinician may have valuable information for their case, they will subpoena her/his notes, records, and in some instances, even the clinician themselves. In general, once a subpoena is served, it must be obeyed.
Information about you may be discussed in confidence, without revealing your identity, with other counselling professionals and / or supervisors for the purpose of consultation and providing you with the best possible service.
- Debt Neglect
In the event that you are unable to make payment for the services provided by Rogerian Psychology Centre, no services will be rendered to you. However, our staff will refer you to another clinician (e.g. Institute of Mental Health or any others as deemed applicable) in the case of emergency.
- Rights of the Minor
If you are under the age of 21, your parents (or legal guardian) have the right to examine your treatment records. Before giving them any information, your clinician will discuss the matter with you, and do his / her best to handle any objections you may have. It is important for you to understand that your clinician will provide a summary report written in your best interests.
**For confidentiality related to psychological assessment reports, please refer to the section “Terms and Conditions of Test“.
- Professional Relationship
The relationship with any of our clinician is a professional one guided by ethics set by the Singapore Psychological Society (SPS), Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC) and/or other accreditation bodies that our clinician may be registered to. In general, our clinician cannot:
- Have a business or personal friendship relationship with you
- Be your counsellor if you are related
- Have any type of romantic or sexual relationship with you, or with any people close to you
- Be your supervisor, teacher, or evaluator
- Receive gifts from you
- Counselling Session
Your clinician is the subject matter expert in using psychotherapeutic tools to help guide you in resolving your issues. However, you are the subject matter expert in yourself. Thus, it is important for you and your clinician to work together to achieve the best treatment outcome.
Each individual counselling session will last about 40 to 50 minutes, marriage counselling will last about 50 to 60 minutes and may be extended by your clinician depending on the complexity. Psychological assessment or testing varies and will be advised by your clinician. There may also be a need to refer you to external clinician for services not provided by Rogerian Psychology Centre (e.g. prescription of drugs, OT support, etc).
You have the right to request for a referral to another clinician if you feel that your current clinician is not the right fit for you. We will do our best to accommodate your request by referring you to another clinician.
You have the right to ask questions about anything that happens during the therapy session. Your clinician will be willing to discuss with you. You can feel free to tell your clinician to try something that you think will be helpful or refuse any treatment proposed to you. It is also your right to leave the therapy session at any time. However, we recommend that you arrange for a termination session. If you are dissatisfied by the services provided by Rogerian Psychology Centre, please inform us. We will try our level best to work with you.
- Appointment Scheduling
Please contact us to arrange for a session. All sessions with Rogerian Psychology Centre must be arranged at least in advance. Our staff will contact you within 2 working days upon receiving your request. We will email or text you of the confirmed the date and time.
During your session with your clinician, he / she may arrange with you for your next session. We recommend for a consistent treatment session (e.g. every Tuesday evening) to aid in your rehabilitation. In order to be effective, therapy needs to take place on a regular basis. The best results occur when appointments are consistently scheduled and regularly attended.
- Late Arrivals
Please be on time for your appointment. As a courtesy to the client who has booked the next appointment, your session will still end at the original scheduled time. We may have to reschedule if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- Cancelled / Missed / No-Show
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please notify your clinician at least 24 hours prior to your schedule time so we may be able to offer your appointment to someone else.
If you fail to cancel a scheduled appointment, we cannot use this time for another client and you will be billed for the entire cost of your missed appointment. A full session fee is charged, and a bill will be mailed directly to all clients for missed appointments or cancellations with less than a 24-hour notice unless it is due to illness or an emergency.
- Technical Difficulties or Internet Disruptions
As online counselling is technical in nature and that problems with internet may occur. If something beyond control disrupts the connectivity of the session, our Clinician will immediately try to reconnect the sessions online with you. If the session is repeatedly unsuccessful for 10 minutes, the session will be rescheduled.
We seek your understanding for this important matter as this is a standard practice within the counselling profession.
- Eligibility for Online Counselling
If it is determined that online counselling would not be in the best interest or beneficial for you, an alternate therapeutic intervention or counselling medium will be recommended.
Do note that online counselling is meant for clients who are not in major crisis nor been diagnosed with major mental health issues.
All sessions should be treated like a face-to-face session. The following measures are to be observed:
- Be in a private safe space (e.g. your own room)
- No outside distractions (e.g. turn off cell phones)
- Close other computer programs/mobile applications
- No third parties will be in or near the session at any time without your Clinician knowledge
- Strictly no recording of sessions allowed
Our clinician reserves the rights to suspend any session without any refund to any client who breach any of the above.
- Limits of Confidentiality for Online Counselling
As online counselling utilises the internet for transmission of information, while we will take all reasonable measures to protect your confidentiality, we are unable to guarantee the confidentiality in the event of any data breach that is not within our control.
- Personal Data
By giving your consent, you consent to the use of your personal data provided to Rogerian Psychology Centre for the specified purposed of sending you Rogerian Psychology Centre announcements and any other communications on matters pertaining to programme, events, and services related to Rogerian Psychology Centre.
If you have an emergency between sessions, please contact your family doctor, the nearest hospital, Institute of Mental Health hotline (6389 2222), Samaritans Of Singapore (SOS) (1800 221 4444), or 995. Do inform us immediately during our next working day.
Acknowledgement and Consent
Upon acceptance of invite:
- I have read and understood the terms stated herewith
- All questions I have about the terms stated herewith were answered to my satisfaction
- I accept to the terms in the terms stated herewith
- I accept the services offered by Rogerian Psychology Centre
*Terms and Conditions of Test
Rogerian Psychology Centre Singapore upholds high standards of confidentiality; however, it is unfortunate that due to some circumstances, grey areas and lack of clarity arises. As such, this terms and conditions is set forth to provide clarity on processes and to prevent complications.
To prevent legal issues that arises due to miscommunication or even lack of understanding of process, we require client to explicitly provide us with the following when submitting your request for the assessment:
- Rightful beneficiary of the report – beneficiary here means who should receive the report.
- Whether consent for disclosure of assessment information have been obtained from the individual being assessed (if requesting on behalf of another person).
- Unless otherwise specified, Rogerian Psychology Centre Singapore assumes husband and wife bounded by matrimonial contract of Singapore as one entity, and Rogerian Psychology Centre Singapore will apply confidentiality to both husband and wife as one entity.
- If the individual being assessed is under legal adult age, Rogerian Psychology Centre will assume the right of confidentiality is owned by the parent/guardian of the individual being assess.
- Should requestor or individual(s) being assessed fail to provide specific information for points 1, 2, 3 and 4, Rogerian Psychology Centre will assume that the payor and requestor for the assessment service holds the right of confidentiality even if they are not the same person and that implied consent to access the confidential information have been given to the requestor and/or payor by the individual being assessed – this is specifically related to a family member who requested for another family member, and the family member being assessed did not disagree to the request.
- Further to point 5, confidential assessment information and reports will be provided to payor and requestor for the assessment service.
- To legally disclaim and discharge Rogerian Psychology Centre Singapore and all of its stakeholders from any legal liability should requestor, payor or client not specify any information related to points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 – Rogerian Psychology Centre Singapore reserves the right to send outcome report (confidential or not) to the payor and requestor of the assessment service.
- To legally, financially, reputation, and physically disclaim, discharge and release Rogerian Psychology Centre Singapore and all of its stakeholders from any obligations, legal liability, damages, financial losses, physical, and emotional consequence that may have resulted from the assessment outcome and/or disclosure of assessment information.
- Consent, agreement to points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – by requesting for the assessment service, and accepting the assessment invite, requestor, payor, or client agree and is bound to the above points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- Rogerian Psychology Centre Reserves the rights to raise counter claim as an aggrieved party should the above points be violated.
- For disagreement, feedback or complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.