Affordable Child Psychology Course in Singapore
Welcome to the fascinating world of child psychology!
This course provides an introductory exploration of the psychological development and behaviors of children from infancy to adolescence. Through a combination of theoretical perspectives, research findings, case studies, and practical applications, students will gain a comprehensive understanding of how children think, feel, and interact with the world around them.
This course aims to provide a holistic perspective on child psychology, equipping learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand, support, and positively impact the lives of children and adolescents.
Through a combination of academic study and practical insights, learners will emerge with a deeper appreciation for the complexities of child development and the importance of fostering healthy psychological growth.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Develop a foundational understanding of key concepts and theories in child psychology.
- Analyze the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development stages from infancy to adolescence.
- Recognize the influence of genetics, environment, and culture on child development.
- Identify and evaluate the methods used to study child psychology, including ethical considerations.
- Understand the role of attachment, parenting styles, and family dynamics in shaping a child’s psychological development.
- Explore the significance of early experiences, such as attachment, in relation to later development and mental health.
- Examine the impact of media, technology, and societal factors on children’s psychological well-being.
- Gain insights into common psychological disorders and challenges faced by children and adolescents.
- Apply psychological theories to real-life scenarios, fostering critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Cultivate empathy and sensitivity towards the diverse needs and experiences of children and their families.
Topic 1: Introduction to Child Psychology
- Definition and scope of child psychology
- Historical perspectives and key theorists
- Research methods in child psychology
Topic 2: Biological Foundations of Child Development
- Prenatal development and genetics
- Brain development and its implications
- Motor skills and sensory development in infancy
Topic 3: Cognitive Development
- Piaget’s stages of cognitive development
- Information processing and memory in children
- Language acquisition and communication
Topic 4: Socioemotional Development
- Erikson’s stages of psychosocial development
- Attachment theory and its significance
- Emotion regulation and socialization
Topic 5: Family, Culture, and Development
- Parenting styles and their impact
- Cultural influences on child development
- Sibling relationships and birth order effects
Topic 6: School and Peer Relationships
- Cognitive and social changes during school years
- Peer interactions, friendships, and peer pressure
- Bullying and its psychological implications
Topic 7: Media and Technology’s Impact
- Digital media consumption among children
- Effects of screen time on cognitive and social development
- Balancing technology use for healthy development
Topic 8: Psychological Challenges in Childhood and Adolescence
- Common psychological disorders in children
- Identifying signs of emotional and behavioral issues
- Approaches to intervention and support
Topic 9: Resilience and Positive Development
- Factors contributing to resilience in children
- Promoting self-esteem and self-concept
- Fostering strengths and talents
- Group discussions and presentations exploring real-life applications
- International Association of Therapist UK
- Complimentary Medical Association UK
No admission criteria.
Course duration and intake
Intake is rolling on a monthly basis. Course duration is 12 hours long over 4 weekday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.
How will the course be conducted?
The course will be conducted face-to-face at our premises at Havelock 2 (2 Havelock Rd, #05-19, Havelock 2 Office Tower, Singapore 059763) or via online using googlemeet.
Cost and payment plans
Course fee: $1038
Registration fee (non-refundable): $150
Material fee: $50
Installment is available over 3 monthly payments at 0% interest but there is a 3% processing fee charged by the financial intermediaries (i.e. stripe or bank).
Please reach out to us at +65 86284685 or email@example.com to request for installment payment.